How we handle your complaint

How can you file a complaint?

Do you have a complaint? We do our best to help you the best we can. It may be that you are not satisfied. We would like to hear this.

  • Please call us on 020 42 66 310 from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Mon-Fri. If we cannot work it out together, we will take your complaint further.
  • You can also use our contact form or send an e-mail to;
  • Or send a letter to Stichting Nedlloyd Pensioenfonds, p/a Nedlloyd Pensioenservice, PO Box 123, 1180 AC Amstelveen;

Please provide us with the following:

  • Your complaint: what are you dissatisfied with?
  • Your policy number.
  • Your name, date of birth, address and any e-mail address.
  • Your phone number, so we can call you to get a complete picture of your complaint.

Please indicate clearly in your e-mail that it is a complaint.

How do we handle your complaint?

  • You will receive a confirmation of receipt from us within 5 days.
  • You may be called for clarification to get a complete picture of your complaint.
  • You will receive a written response to your complaint within 4 weeks of submission. If the complaint cannot be handled within this period, you will receive written notice of this before the end of that period, which will also include a new handling period.
  • If you do not agree with our response or solution offered, you can submit your complaint with reasons to the executive board of the pension fund within 4 weeks.
  • The executive board will investigate your complaint. No later than 4 weeks after receiving your complaint, you will receive a response from the Executive Board.
  • Do you disagree with the Executive Board's decision and does your complaint concern the implementation of the pension regulations? Then there is no further possibility of appeal within the pension fund. You can then submit your complaint to the Ombudsman or Pension Fund Disputes Authority (GIP). GIP has been designated by the government as the official dispute body.
  • You can always submit your complaint to the civil court. There are costs associated with this.

Pension Fund Dispute Authority since January 1, 2024

 You can submit your complaint to the Pension Funds Dispute Authority (GIP) since January 1, 2024. You can do this free of charge. The Pension Funds Dispute Authority has been designated by the government as the official dispute body for pension funds in case the internal complaints procedure has been fully completed. The complaint must relate to the implementation or application of the pension regulations. You can read more about it on the website

You can read the detailed dispute and complaint regulations here.